Classic Prawn CocktailCourse: StarterCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
A classic dinner party starter, succulent prawns on a bed of crisp lettuce covered with a Marie-Rose sauce
What You Will Need
4 Stemmed glass sundae glasses
400 g cooked Atlantic prawns
1 small Ice Berg lettuce shredded
- For the Marie-Rose Sauce
5 tbsp mayonnaise
5 tbsp tomato chutney or Tomato Ketchup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp creamed horseradish
splash of Tabasco sauce
a squeeze of lemon juice
- To Serve
paprika for dusting
1 lemon cut into ¼’s
- Shred the lettuces finely and ½ fill four small glass sundae glasses
- Keep 4 larger prawns back for decoration and divide the rest between the glasses over the lettuce and season with black pepper.
- For the Sauce
- Mix the mayonnaise, tomato chutney, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and Tabasco together.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and salt and pepper, then spoon over the prawns.
- To finish
- Dust the top with a little paprika
- Decorate the rim of each glass with 1 prawn and a ¼ lemon wedge and serve immediately with ¼’s of crustless brown bread and butter.