Eggs FlorentineCourse: BreakfastCuisine: French, American
A variant of Eggs Benedict, but with the Ham replaced by Spinach. In French culinary terms, anything that has a bed of Spinach is known as “Florentine”
2 free-range eggs
125 g of baby spinach washed
Hollandaise Sauce see recipe
- Prepare and Make the Hollandaise Sauce
- Once the Sauce has been made, poach the eggs by adding 1 tbsp of vinegar to a pan of water set over a medium heat.
- As the water begins to simmer, crack the eggs, one at a time into a small cup, swirl the water, and drop the eggs in one by one and poach for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the muffins and while the muffins are toasting, sauté the spinach in a frying pan with a small knob of butter until it is just wilting. Should take only 2/3 minutes
- By which time your eggs will be poached
- Drain the spinach well and arrange over the muffins.
- Top each muffin with a poached egg.
- Gently spoon the Hollandaise Sauce over the eggs to serve