Simple Scrambled Eggs RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: British
A perfect scrambled egg should be soft and fluffy, not dry and not wet.
4 Large Eggs
Butter just a knob
2 tblsp Single Cream/Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the knob of butter in a non-stick pan and heat over a medium heat
- Vigorously whisk the eggs cream/milk together in a separate bowl/container until totally combined and uniform in colour
- Once the butter is just beginning to bubble at the sides pour in the egg mixture
- Using a silicone spatula or wooden spoon stir the eggs continuously in a figure 8 movement making sure you bring the edges of the mixture from the bottom of the pan into the middle
- The eggs will start to set after 1 or 2 minutes
- Continue stirring until the eggs are almost set but still slightly wet
- Remove from the heat, add another small knob of butter and let them stand for 30 seconds
- Give the eggs 1 final thorough stirring, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately on wholemeal buttered toast, sprinkled with chopped chives.