ButtermilkCourse: Sides and ExtrasCuisine: not knownDifficulty: Easy
A super alternative if you can’t find Buttermilk on the shelves of your local supermarket.
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice/White Vinegar Freshly Squeezed
225 ml Fresh Milk
- Measure the milk into a jug
- Add the lemon juice or vinegar into the milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes at room temperature until the milk begins to curdle and becomes acidic.
- Use in place of buttermilk in the recipe as it calls for.
- And if you don’t use it straight away store it in the fridge for up to 3 days