Chicken Caesar SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Moderate
A chicken Caesar salad is all about the dressing. Get the dressing right coupled with the herb grilled chicken and you have a dish fit for an emperor or Cardini himself
3 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin/ for the marinade
2 Lemons zest and juiced/ for the marinade
2 oz Fresh Oregano for the marinade
2 cloves garlic for the marinade
Ground salt and pepper for the marinade
1 Romaine lettuce washed and separated
2 oz onion thinly sliced
2 chicken breast
2 anchovy fillets drained of oil and mashed to a paste./ for the dressing
3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt for the dressing
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard for the dressing
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce for the dressing
3 tablespoon lemon juice for the dressing
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper for the dressing
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese freshly grated, for the dressing
parmesan cheese block for shaving
- For the Marinade
- Place the oil, lemon zest and lemon juice, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Place the chicken breasts into the bowl and cover well with the marinade. Leave the chicken immersed in the marinade for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Prepare and Make the Croutons
- For the Dressing
- To make the dressing, remove the chicken from the marinade and add the Marinade to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the rest of the “Dressing” ingredients, and blend together into a smooth pouring consistency.
- Pour into a pouring jug, cover and place the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Grilling the Chicken
- Heat the grill or if you are using a grill pan place over a medium heat and lightly oil the grooves.When the pan/grill is fully heated, grill the chicken breasts approx 7 mins each side, if you have a meat thermometer, the inside of the plumpest part of the chicken should be 165 f. When the chicken is cooked let it rest for 5 minutes
- Putting it all together
- Place the Romaine lettuce in a large bowl and add the sliced onion Pour half the dressing over and toss to coat the leaves. Divide evenly onto 2 plates. Slice the chicken breast in strips at an angle and spread evenly over the salad. Sprinkle with croutons and using a quick peeler shave a few shavings of parmesan cheese all over and pour the remaining dressing over and serve.