Dark Chocolate GanacheCourse: Frostings and FillingsCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Medium
24cup vake frostings
Any Chocolate Ganache is a great alternative to Buttercream for coating/icing or decorating any sized cakes
900 g Dark chocolate Use Chocolate chips or Break the Chocolate into Small roughly same-sized pieces
450 ml Heavy Cream Use at least 35% fat
- Place Chocolate into the bowl
- Heat the cream over a low heat until just simmering ( Do not allow to boil)
- Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and gently stir (using a folding action) just enough to incorporate the cream and chocolate.
- Cover the bowl and let the Ganache sit for a minute or two for the chocolate to melt.
- Once all the chocolate has melted stir with the spatula until nice and smooth (If there are still small pieces of unmelted chocolate after a couple of minutes place the Glass bowl in the microwave for 10 seconds on low power or the metal bowl over a pan of simmering water stirring the ganache gently until the chocolate has melted DO NOT LET THE WATER TOUCH THE BOTTOM OF THE BOWL WHEN HEATING)
- Once the Ganache is nice and smooth, cover directly onto the mix with cling film to save it from forming a film on top and set aside to cool to room temperature
- Once the Ganache has cooled, using a handheld electric whisk or a stand mixer, beat the mixture until light and fluffy and ready for masking or piping.
- The ratio of Chocolate to cream for Dark Chocolate Ganche is usually 2:1
- The recipe I have used here would be enough to cover and fill a 9″ round or 8″ square cake, for other sizes:
- 6-inch round or 5-inch square cake500 grams Dark chocoalte250 ml Heavy cream
- 7-inch round or 6-inch square650 grams Dark chocolate325 ml Heavy cream
- 8-inch round or 7-inch square750 grams Dark chocolate 375 ml Heavy cream
- 10-inch round or 9-inch square1200 grams Dark chocolate600 ml Heavy cream
- 12-inch round or 10-inch square1400 grams Dark chocolate700 ml Heavy cream