Apple SauceCourse: SaucesCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
Homemade Apple Sauce, so easy to make. Make batches of it to freeze and enjoy all year round
3 Bramley apples peeled, cored and roughly chopped
50 g caster sugar
50 g butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan add a splash of water, a squeeze of lemon juice and cinnamon cover with a lid.
- simmer over a low heat for 15/20 minutes stirring occasionally, until the apples break down into a purée.
- For a rustic slightly lumpy sauce, stir rapidly with a wooden spoon to reduce the lumps, test for consistency and sweetness, add more water or sugar to comply.
- Your sauce is ready to serve, hot or cold.
- For a smoother sauce, use a stick blender
- This apple sauce can be jarred and frozen, it will keep quite happily in the freezer for up to a year, leave enough room at the top of any jar for expansion.