Gingerbread Loaf CakeCourse: Cakes, Bakes and PastriesCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
An Easy Gingerbread Loaf Cake, it’s so simple to make and perfect with a cuppa, with that warming hit of ginger, delicious!
What You Will Need
2lb Loaf Tin
250 g self-raising flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 pinch salt
100 g golden syrup
100 g black Treacle
125 g dark muscovado sugar
125 g butter
2 large eggs
240 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Place the butter, sugar and treacle in a pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the milk. Set aside to cool.
- When the butter mix is room temperature beat in the eggs
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Pour in the butter and milk mixture and stir to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- You could check if the cake is done after 40 minutes (Don’t open the door before 40 minutes) by pushing a thin skewer into the center. If it comes out clean the cake is done.
- If it still has some wet batter on the skewer leave it for another 5 minutes.
- Leave to rest in the tin, for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack and removing the lining paper.
- If you want to keep the cake for a later date, wrap it in baking parchment and cling film, store in a cool place and it will keep quite happily for up to 1 week.