Choc Chip CookiesCourse: Cakes, Bakes and PastriesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Deliciously soft and chewy, these chocolate chip cookies were made in heaven.
Make a second batch and freeze them for another day.
What You Will Need
Electric Hand Whisk
275 g unsalted butter softened to room temperature
220 g soft brown sugar
100 g caster sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
350 g all-purpose flour
1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp. salt
350 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190ºC and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the softened butter and sugars in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk beat the mixture until light and fluffy, about 2/3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs and beat in until creamy and fully combined
- Place a sieve over the bowl and add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and sieve the dry ingredients into the butter eggs and sugar mix
- Stir to combine all ingredients
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or your hands scoop golf ball sized dough balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet
- Once all the dough is moulded into balls, place into the fridge to rest for at least an hour
- After resting transfer the dough balls to another baking tray lined with parchment paper at least 3″ apart and 2″ from the edges of the tray
- If you only have one baking tray and need to bake the cookies in two sessions, place the remaining balls in the fridge until you are ready to bake them off.
- Bring the dough back to room temperature before baking
- Place in the hot oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Serve with a glass of milk or your favourite cuppa.
- Mmm cookie heaven!!