Banana and Blueberry MuffinsCourse: Cakes, Bakes and PastriesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
A healthy Muffin made from Wholemeal flour, gluten-free rolled oats and sweetener sugar substitute
What You Will Need
12 hole muffin tray
12 Paper Muffin Cases
2 medium bananas nice and ripe
150 g self-raising wholemeal flour
70 g gluten-free rolled oats
6 tsp powdered sweetener of your choice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 medium eggs free range
150 ml soya milk
3 tbsp vanilla soya yoghurt
50 g any polyunsaturated spread (Bertolli Olive Spread) melted in the microwave
70 g blueberries whole **see tip in notes**
50 g almond flakes
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
- This recipe calls for the ingredients to be put together separately.
- In the first bowl mix together all the dry ingredients – flour, oats, sweetener and cinnamon.
- In the second bowl, add the eggs, soya milk, soy yoghurt, melted spread and combine well.
- Next, mash the bananas separately on a plate.
- Putting the mixtures together
- Firstly add the banana into the egg and milk mixture and combine well.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Lastly, fold in the blueberries. See notes
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases and sprinkle the tops with the almond flakes.
- Bake for 20/25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Test them after 20 minutes by inserting a cocktail stick in through the top and if it comes out clean of sponge mix they are good to go.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving for a warm healthy breakfast treat.
- Top Tips
- **Don’t be too aggressive when combining the ingredients, as any cake mixture should be handled with care, just mix the ingredients until nicely combined.
- ***Before adding the blueberries to the muffing mix toss them lightly in a little flour, shake off any excess. This will stop the blueberries from sinking whilst baking.