Homemade Beef BurgersCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: moderate
This easy homemade beef burger recipe gives you delicious patties, packed with onions and herbs for extra flavour,
- For the Burgers
½ tbsp olive oil
1 onion peeled and finely chopped
500 g Beef Steak Mince low fat
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
1 egg beaten
- To Make up and Serve
4 Sesame burger rolls
lettuce leaves shredded
1 beef tomato sliced
red onion sliced
mayonnaise/ tomato ketchup
4 slices mature Cheddar optional
- To Make Patties
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5/6 minutes until softened and starting to turn golden.
- Set aside to cool
- Place the mince, herbs and egg in a bowl and combine well.
- Season, add the cooled onions and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even sized patties
- Cooking and Finishing Burgers
- Prepare the fillings for the burgers, shred the lettuce, grate the carrot, slice the onion snd the tomatoes
- Cook the burgers on a preheated barbecue or griddle for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- While the second side is cooking, place a slice of cheese on top to melt slightly (optional).
- You can lightly toast the cut-sides of the buns on the barbecue if desired
- On the flat half of the burger bun place some shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, grated carrot and sliced onion topped with mayonnaise or ketchup, your choice
- Place the cooked burger on top of the filling with the other half of burger bun.
- Serve and enjoy