Low Carb Cauliflower and Mackerel SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
Low carb meals don’t have to be dull and boring, try this wholesome and fulfilling Cauliflower and Mackerel Salad as a main course or as a side dish
1 Large Cauliflower
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Coriander Seeds
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
25 g Almonds
25 g Hazelnuts
1 Medium Red Onion
200 g Feta
280 g Smoked Mackerel
1 Handful of Fresh Parsley
1 Handful of Fresh Mint
4 tbsp Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan (390°F/350°F fan).
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor, blitz until it resembles couscous grains or alternatively grate the cauliflower head.
- In a large bowl mix the ground cinnamon, coriander and olive oil into the cauliflower and season to taste.
- Spread the cauliflower out onto a large baking tray then roast for 10 mins, mixing halfway through so that it is evenly toasted, set aside to cool.
- Chop the almonds and hazelnuts, then finely chop the red onion. Mix in with the cauliflower couscous, crumble the feta and flake the smoked mackerel.
- Juice the lemon and mix through the couscous mixture, chop the parsley and mint leaves and sprinkle over the top.
- Top with sour cream and enjoy!