Easy Cloud Bread RecipeCourse: SnacksCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
A Light and fluffy, alternative to bread as a low-carb option for sandwiches or snacks
4 eggs separated
50 g cream cheese
¼ tsp cream of tartar
seasoning Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Heat oven to 150°C/130°C fan/300°F/gas 2
- Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper and grease with butter or oil.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks (Be sure not to get any yolk in the whites) and in a large bowl, whisk the egg whites and cream of Tatar together using an electric hand whisk until stiff peaks form. ( This needs to be very stiff)
- The whites are stiff enough if you can turn the bowl upside down without it falling out.
- Place the egg yolks and cream cheese in another bowl, and whisk together until very smooth, pale and frothy.
- Now, fold the egg whites, a spoonful at a time into the yolk mixture, as gentle as you can, you don’t want to knock too much of the air out of the egg whites. and finally season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, and gently swirl out from the middle to form a thick patty, roughly the same diameter as a burger, if the mixture is a little less firm at the bottom of the bowl, disregard it and only use the really fluffy mix on the top.
- For a little extra, you could sprinkle the tops with poppy seeds or black sesame seeds if desired (an optional extra)
- Bake for 18/20 mins or until lightly golden and firm on the outside
- Allow to cool for a few moments before carefully removing from the paper with a palette knife.
- When cool, store in an airtight container. They will keep in the fridge, at least 2 or 3 days