Cranberry SauceCourse: SaucesCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
Fresh homemade Cranberry Sauce, the perfect combination for your roast turkey
200 g soft brown sugar
180 ml water
60 ml fresh orange juice
350 g fresh cranberries
2 tsp. orange zest
- Zest the orange before cutting in half to extract the juice
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, orange juice and water until sugar dissolves.
- Add ½ cranberries and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Let the sauce simmer away for about 10 minutes until the berries burst. stirring occasionally
- Stir in orange zest and a pinch of salt.
- If you want to make it a bit more seasonal, add a measure of port (mmm)
- The sauce may seem a little runny, but it will thicken as it cools
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the remaining cranberries, let the sauce cool completely, then transfer to a resealable container and refrigerate.