Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken with Boiled RiceCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
A creamy chicken dish where you can use boneless thighs or succulent chicken breast served perfectly with boiled rice.
2 lbs. chicken breast or boneless thighs
2 tbsp. butter or ghee if prefered
1 onion diced
6 fl ozs chicken broth
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp. parsley dried
4 fl ozs lemon juice approx 2 lemons
4 tsp. arrowroot flour
4 fl ozs double cream Thick
- Set the “Instant Pot” to sauté mode.
- When it’s hot melt the ghee or butter.
- Add onion, garlic, paprika, parsley, and pepper to melted ghee, and sauté until onions are translucent.(Softened).
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and add to the pot. Sear the chicken all over until it is golden brown in colour.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and salt to the chicken and gently stir.
- Lock lid into place and close steam valve.
- Set Instant Pot to poultry setting and cook for 7-8 mins, if you are using frozen chicken up the time to 12-15 minutes. (Yes you can use frozen meat in your Instant Pot).
- While you are waiting make up your Beurre Manié
- Blend together 1 oz of softened butter and 1 oz of plain flour, make sure they are blended well so that there is no sign of any flour present. Set aside.
- Once the instant pot has run its natural course, let it depressurize naturally – it shouldn’t take very long.
- Remove the lid and stir in a small amount of the beurre manié.
- This is going to be a personal preference depending on how thick you want the sauce to be. The beurre manié will perform immediately you bring the sauce back to a simmer, so add small knobs at a time bring back to a simmer until you reach your required thickness.
- When you have your required consistency stir in the thick cream bring back to a simmer and remove from the heat, serve immediately over boiled rice.