Moroccan Chicken TagineCourse: MainCuisine: Moroccan
Ok so if you haven’t got a Tagine (a North African clay cooking pot) then your Instant pot is going to do the job just as well.
2 lbs chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
2 cups Green Pitted Olives
2 peppers red
2 peppers orange
2 Onions White
8 cloves garlic
- For the sauce:
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cinnamon
300 ml chicken stock
- Set Instant Pot to saute.
- Peel and Thinly Slice the Lemon
- Cut the Peppers in half and de-seed them, slice them into thick strips
- Cut the onions into quarters
- Chop the Garlic finely.
- Prepare the Chicken.
- Add olive oil and chicken to your Instant Pot and Saute the chicken all over until it is opaque. (Not pink)
- Now you can add the vegetable ingredients add the rest of the sauce ingredients and stirring well.
- Cover the Instant Pot and lock it.
- Set the manual or pressure cook time to 20 minutes.
- When the timer reaches zero, quick release the pressure.
- Serve with Couscous or Plain Boiled Rice and Enjoy!