Instant-Pot Beef and Ale BrisketCourse: MainCuisine: BritishDifficulty: easy
A succulent meat dish with a rich ale sauce served in less than 2 hours.
3 lbs Beef Brisket Fresh
1 Onion Large white
12 fl oz Beer
- Cut brisket in half and rub over with the celery salt, pepper and salt.
- Place brisket fat side up in your 6-qt. Instant Pot.
- Throw in the sliced onion.
- Mix together the beer and Worcestershire sauce and pour over the meat.
- Lock down the lid and make sure the vent is closed.
- Select manual setting and adjust the pressure to high, setting the time for 70 minutes. When finished cooking, leave to allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- The Brisket should be nice and tender by now, if you feel that it could do with a little longer, you can reseal cooker and give it another 10-15 minutes.
- When you are satisfied remove brisket, place on a serving plate and cover with tin foil to keep it warm.
- Strain the remaining stock and then return to the pot and select Saute.
- Adjust the setting for high heat. Bring the liquid back to the boil, scraping around the bottom to incorporate all the meat residue.
- Mix the flour and water together in a small bowl until you have a smooth paste.
- Gradually stir into the liquid and cookout stirring all the time until you have a nice thickened sauce.(Jus Lie) This will take around 3/4 minutes. You could add some gravy browning to the sauce if you want to make it a bit darker.(Optional)
- Pour through a sieve into a sauceboat and serve with beef.