Slow Cooker Lamb CurryCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A low and slow-cooked lamb and spinach curry, that gives tender meat and a rich spiced coconut sauce with plenty of flavours.
2 tbsp olive oil
600 g diced lamb leg
2 onions chopped
4 carrots thickly sliced
3 garlic cloves crushed
5 cm piece ginger grated
2 green chillies deseeded, chopped
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground cumin
15 g fresh coriander leaves picked and stalks finely chopped
400 g tin chopped tomatoes
100 ml lamb stock
400 ml coconut milk
125 g spinach
rice or naan to serve (optional)
- Heat half of the oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown the lamb (in batches if you have to) for 5-8 mins.
- Season and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the onions and carrots for 10 mins over a medium heat until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chopped green chilli, spices and coriander stalks.
- Stir well and cook for a further 1 min until fragrant.
- Transfer everything to the slow cooker.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and lamb stock to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on a low heat for 6 hrs.
- After 6 hrs stir through the coconut milk and cook for a further 30 mins.
- Add the spinach to wilt through 5 mins before serving.
- Scatter with coriander leaves, and serve with plain rice