Tuna Tomato Pasta BakeCourse: Main CourseCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
A simple to make, pasta bake with added tuna, tomatoes and topped with cheese to give a fulfilling one-dish meal for all the family.
300 g pasta Penne, Fusilli or Conchiglie(shells) your choice
500 g tomato and herb pasta sauce or make your own Pomodoro Sauce with mixed herbs
3×120 g tins of tuna in springwater drained and flaked
325 g tin sweetcorn drained
390 g carton Italian chopped tomatoes
14 g fresh flat-leaf parsley washed and chopped
100 g mature cheddar grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the pasta in a large pan of boiling water and cook out for 6 minutes
- Whilst the pasta is draining, add the sauce, sweetcorn, tomatoes and half the parsley to the pan, add back the drained pasta and stir thoroughly to combine all the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture out into a 1½-litre baking dish and top with the grated cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling around the edges.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.