Prepare yourself for a flavor sensation that combines the satisfying crunch of cornflakes with the silky smoothness of chocolate. You’ll want to make this Chocolate Cornflake Cake recipe again and again because it’s a straightforward but delicious treat. This recipe works well whether you’re whipping up a quick dessert for the family or hoping to surprise your friends at a gathering.
Chocolate Cornflake CakesCourse: Cakes, Bakes and PastriesCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
The kiddies favourite at any party, let them get their hands and mouths all gooey when they help you make these crunchy chocolate delights
What You Will Need
12 hole muffin tray
12 paper cupcake cases
200 g bar of chocolate milk or plain
50 g butter
3 tablespoons of golden syrup
100 g of cornflakes
Cadbury mini eggs to decorate (optional)
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water (making sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water)
- Break up the chocolate and place it into the bowl with the butter and golden syrup
- Let all the ingredients melt down slowly, stirring occasionally until nice and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate. Don’t be overly aggressive with the coating, you don’t want to break up the cereal too much.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases.
- If you want to decorate the cakes for easter treats, now is the time to place 3 chocolate mini eggs onto each cake.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.
Q: Can I substitute milk chocolate for the dark variety?
If you want a chocolate flavor that is a little softer, you can use milk chocolate.
Q: How much time is required for the chocolate cornflakes cake to be set?
To make sure the cakes maintain their shape, it is advised to let them set in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Q: These treats can they be kept at room temperature?
In order to prevent melting, it is best to keep them in the refrigerator, especially during warmer months.
Q: Does this recipe require close adult supervision for children to prepare it?
Absolutely! Children can easily make this recipe because it is straightforward and secure.
Q: Can I increase the amount of cocoa powder to get a stronger chocolate flavor?
Although it’s possible, the purpose of this recipe is to balance the sweetness of the golden syrup with the bitterness of the chocolate. The texture and flavor may change if the ingredients are changed.
Also Read: Mary Berry Ginger Cake Recipe
You’ve made a delicious treat that will delight every chocolate lover in just a few easy steps. This recipe for Chocolate Cornflake Cake provides the ideal fusion of tastes and textures, making it a flexible choice for dessert or snack time. This recipe is sure to become a beloved staple in your culinary repertoire, whether you choose to eat it by itself or try different variations.