Chocolate Cornflake CakesCourse: Cakes, Bakes and PastriesCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
A kiddies favourite at any party, let them get their hands and mouths all gooey when they help you make these crunchy chocolate delights
What You Will Need
12 hole muffin tray
12 paper cupcake cases
200 g bar of chocolate milk or plain
50 g butter
3 tablespoons of golden syrup
100 g of cornflakes
Cadbury mini eggs to decorate (optional)
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water (making sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water)
- Break up the chocolate and place into the bowl with the butter and golden syrup
- Let all the ingredients melt down slowly, stirring occasionally until nice and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate. Don’t be overly aggressive with the coating, you don’t want to break up the cereal too much.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases.
- If you are wanting to decorate the cakes for easter treats, now is the time to place 3 chocolate mini eggs onto each cake.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.