Fruit Crumble ToppingCourse: DessertCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
A buttery shortbread crumble that will give a crunchy topping to any fruit dish
225 g unsalted butter very cold and cut into cubes
110 g muscovado sugar .
225 g plain flour
- Have the fruit ready in your baking tin to be covered
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the cold cubed butter
- Make sure your hands are nice and cold before rubbing the butter into the flour
- rub the flour and butter together with your fingertips until it resembles large breadcrumbs
- Add the sugar and mix thoroughly
- Now again with cold hands, take a handful of the mix and press it between your hands to form a ball of dough
- Over the fruit dish just break the dough into larger lumps of crumble using your fingers.
- Repeat this process until the fruit is totally covered
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until the topping is golden brown and crisp.