Rocky road bars are one of the most delicious desserts you can add to your day. You can have them with your morning coffee or enjoy them as dessert any time you like. The best part about the rocky road recipe by Mary Berry is that you will get crunch, sweetness, and a delectable chocolate flavour.
So, if you want to make this easy rock road recipe, you are in the right place. Keep reading to make these delicious bars.
Rocky Road Recipe By Mary Berry Overview
The Mary Berry rocky road recipe will help you make twenty-four squares that you and your family can enjoy. It will take you less than fifty minutes to prepare everything. Besides that, you will have to chill the bars in the fridge for two hours before they are ready.
So, the total time it can take you to make this dish includes two hours and fifteen minutes. You can also make this a day ahead to save time and effort.
2 hrs. 15 Min.
- Amount Per ServingCalories128
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36%
- Cholesterol 19mg 7%
- Sodium 71mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 3%
- Sugars 10.6g
- Protein 1.4g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- 12oz of milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 6oz of cubed butter
- 1.5oz of Bournville plain chocolate
- 1oz of roughly crushed digestive biscuits
- 3 Crunchie bars of 32grams sliced into small pieces
1. Take a baking tray of 30 x 23cm and grease it with some butter. Then, line the tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Pour the milk chocolate inside a heatproof bowl and add the golden syrup and butter to it.
3. Keep the bowl on a pan of simmering water and heat it on low heat. Keep stirring until everything is melted.
4. Place the Bournville chocolate in a heatproof bowl, and let it simmer on a pan of water until it melts.
5. Take the milk chocolate mixture and add the digestive biscuits to it. Keep in mind to fold the mixture until it coats evenly.
6. Spoon everything into the baking tray.
7. Sprinkle the tray with the Crunchie bars and then press them down.
8. Drizzle the bars with melted Bournville chocolate in any pattern you wish.
9. Chill the bars in the fridge for two hours or until they are firm.
10. Slice them into squares and serve them to your guests.
This recipe contains 163 calories per serving. The breakdown includes the following:
- Total Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Sodium: 71mg
- Carbohydrates: 14.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
- Total Sugars: 10.6g
- Protein: 1.4g
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Mary Berry’s rocky road recipe:
What Is Rocky Road Made Of?
You can make rocky road with any dessert ingredients you wish. However, it is typically made of melted chocolate, biscuits, nuts, and more.
How Long Can I Store Rocky Road Bars In Fridge?
You can keep the Mary Berry rocky road bars in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for a month. Besides that, you can store them in the freezer for three months.
Why Did My Rocky Road Split?
Be sure to keep the heat on low, or your rocky road will split. This happens when the heat is too much.