Slow Cooked Beef Ragu with TagliatelleCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Moderately Easy
A popular beef sauce to add to any Pasta, spaghetti, pappardelle or Tagliatelle. This slow-cooked rich Beef Ragu will be a big hit with all the family.
3 tbsp Olive Oil
85 g Bacon diced
1 Onion Diced
1 Clove Garlic Finely Chopped
1 Carrot Diced
1 Stick Celery Diced
450 g Steak Minced
125 ml Red Wine
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
400 g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
300 ml Beef Stock
0.5 tsp Oregano Dried
1 Bay Leaf
450 g Tagliatelle
Parmesan Cheese to serve
- In a large heavy-bottomed pan heat the olive oil over a medium and add the bacon.
- Let the bacon cookout for 3/4 minutes and add the vegetables and garlic
- Sweat the vegetables off for 5/6 minutes to soften down then add the minced beef.
- Continue to stir the beef until it has browned all over and pour in the wine
- Let the wine reduce a little then add the tomato puree and combine well before adding the tinned tomatoes, oregano, bay leaf and stock.
- Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the Ragu back to the boil and carefully transfer to your slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
- 15 minutes before the Ragu is cooked, place a pan of water on the hob and bring to the boil, cook the Tagliatelle for 8/10 minutes.
- Drain the Tagliatelli and remove the bay leaf from the Ragu, add the pasta to the slow cooker before serving and mix together.
- Serve in individual bowls sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese,