Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
A delicious heart-warming soup that is full of flavour and so easy to make.
25 g Butter
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Baking Potato Cut into small chunks
1 Onion Diced
500 g Prepared Cauliflower Florets
600 ml Vegetable Stock
1 tsp English Mustard
3 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
50 g Parmesan Cheese grated
200 ml Milk
150 ml Double Cream
Salt and Pepper
Croutons to serve
- Pre-heat your slow cooker on low.
- In a large thick-bottomed pot, heat the butter and oil
- Add the Onion and Potato and sweat of until the onions are soft (no colour)
- Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and cheese, and give it a stir
- Now add the stock, cauliflower and seasoning. Bring to the boil.
- Carefully pour the contents into the slow cooker cover with a lid and set for 4-5 hours.
- Prepare the croutons and set aside
- Once the slow cooker has run its course, using a stick blender puree the soup until nice and smooth. (If using a separate blender proceed with caution, and once blended return the soup to the slow cooker)
- Add the milk and stir in, turn the slow cooker to high and cook on for another 15 mins until reheated.
- Add the nutmeg to taste stir and serve into soup bowls
- Swirl some double cream and add the croutons