- Prepare the vegetables by washing and peeling them.
- Top and tail the veg.
- Now depending on the cut, slice the veg into required lengths.
- On one side trim off a slice so that you have a flat surface to work with.
- Now trim all the sides to produce an even-sided length.
- From here you have the basis to cut any of the different vegetable cuts with ease.
Prepare your vegetables as above and for a baton, cut each prepared vegetable into 2-2½” by ½” by ½” sticks.
Uses: Thick-cut french fries, Dips, and vegetable decorations
Also Read: Tournée/Turned Cut