Preparing Vegetables for Cutting
- Prepare the vegetables by washing and peeling them.
- Top and tail the veg.
- Now depending on the cut, slice the veg into required lengths.
- On one side trim off a slice so that you have a flat surface to work with.
- Now trim all the sides to produce an even-sided length.
- From here you have the basis to cut any of the different vegetable cuts with ease.
Tournée (pronounced tour-nay) is French for the word “turned.”
The term refers to a method of cutting and peeling root vegetables into a barrel shape of 7 equal sides, using a paring or Shaping Knife.
The classic French technique ensures even cooking while also being pleasing to the eye.
Also Read: How to make Batonnet Cut