No Bake Rocky Road BarsCourse: BakingCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
A simple easy no bake kiddies favourite chocolate delight.
So simple to make, so delicious to eat
What You Will Need
18cm baking tray
200 g digestive biscuits
135 g butter
200 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa works best
2-3 tbsp golden syrup
100 g mini marshmallows
50 g glace cherries rinsed and dried
50 sweet popcorn or Coco Pops would work
icing sugar to dust
- Grease and line an 18cm square brownie tin with baking paper.
- Break the digestive biscuits into smaller pieces by wrapping in a tea towel or in a freezer bag and rolling with a rolling pin, you only want to break them up into smaller pieces, not crumbs.
- Place the butter, dark chocolate and, golden syrup in a large saucepan over a gentle heat stirring constantly until it is nice and smooth, do not overheat.
Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix together the marshmallows, glace cherries and popcorn or coco pops
Take the biscuits, and ⅔ of the marshmallow mix and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely combined.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners.
- Sprinkle the remaining marshmallow mix evenly over the top
Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hrs
- Dust with icing sugar and with a sharp knife run under hot water, cut into 12 finger-shaped portions