Preparing Vegetables for Cutting
- Prepare the vegetables by washing and peeling them.
- Top and tail the veg.
- Now depending on the cut, slice the veg into required lengths.
- On one side trim off a slice so that you have a flat surface to work with.
- Now trim all the sides to produce an even-sided length.
- From here you have the basis to cut any of the different vegetable cuts with ease.
To make a Batonnet: Prepare the vegetables as above and slice lengthwise to about 2″, then cut each piece into ¼” x ¼” strips.
Also Read: Jardiniere Cut