Preparing Vegetables for Cutting
- Prepare the vegetables by washing and peeling them.
- Top and tail the veg.
- Now depending on the cut, slice the veg into required lengths.
- On one side trim off a slice so that you have a flat surface to work with.
- Now trim all the sides to produce an even-sided length.
- From here you have the basis to cut any of the different vegetable cuts with ease.
Jardinière is a thicker version of the Julienne cut, where sizes range from 2cm x 4mm x 4mm to sizes of 4cm x 10mm x 10mm. They can be used to add a little bit of body to soup or a stir fry dish or served as a vegetable side dish.