Carrot and Coriander SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
An easy to make fresh Carrot and Coriander soup that is full of taste and easy to make. For a vegan option, sweat the onions in vegetable oil and omit the swirl of cream to serve.
1 onion finely chopped
650 g carrots peeled and roughly chopped
1 potato peeled and chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
30 g fresh coriander
1 Lt vegetable stock or vegetable stock cube made with 1ltr hot water
single cream to serve
½ tsp paprika to serve
seasoning salt and pepper
- Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and sweat them off, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 mins until soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots, potato, and ground coriander and combine with the onion and season to taste.
- Add the stock to the vegetables.
- Bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 30-35 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Roughly chop the fresh coriander and add two-thirds to the soup.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender until nice and smooth.
- Return the blended soup to the saucepan and reheat
- Serve with a swirl of cream the remainder of the chopped coriander and a sprinkling of paprika