Blini is a type of Russian or European pancake that many people love to eat as a starter. You can use the blini as a base with various toppings for a better taste.
If you interested to learn Mary Berry Blini Recipe with different toppings to keep it as a starter at your next dinner party, you’re in the right place. Here is a complete recipe guide to help you.
Overview Of Mary Berry Blini Recipe
Blinis are easy to make because their base itself does not take time. Of course, you may have to invest a few more minutes if you want to enjoy these thin pancakes with toppings. The following recipe is perfect for a dinner party because it will yield you 60 blinis.
Besides that, every topping will be able to fill 20 blinis. So you can offer guests and family members more variety. Preparing the ingredients for this dish will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, the cooking time ranges from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on how fast you are making the blinis and filling them.
20 – 30 Min.
10 – 30 Min.
60 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories15
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 8mg 3%
- Sodium 21mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0.1g
- Protein 0.6g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Ingredients For Blini
- 140 grams of flour
- ¾ teaspoons of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 120 ml milk
- 3 teaspoons of fresh snipped chives
- 1.25 tablespoons of oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of grounded black pepper
Ingredients For Feta Topping
- 100 grams of peas
- 1 chopped banana shallot
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- 50 grams of crumbled feta cheese
- 5 sliced small, sliced radishes
Ingredients For Chilli Prawn Topping
- 2.5 tablespoons of chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 20 cooked prawns
- 3.5 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1.5 tablespoons of snipped chives
Ingredients For Vegan Topping
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 10 black olives cut in half
Instructions For Blini
- You must add the flour and baking soda to a large bowl
- Make a well in the bowl’s centre to add the eggs and add milk to the bowl
- Whisk the items properly to form a mixture
- Add chives to the batter with salt and pepper for seasoning
- Stir the mixture again to mix the new ingredients
- Heat oil at the medium flame in a pan
- Add teaspoons of the batter in the pan in a circular shape to make small pancakes
- Cook the blinis for one to two minutes or unit you have small bubbles on the batter’s surface
- Once the first side is cooked, flip the blini and cook the other side for one to two minutes
- Keep the cooked blinis on a wire rack for cooling
Instructions For The Toppings
- Cook the peas and banana shallots in a pan using boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes
- Drain the cooked items in a new bowl without any water and season them using mayo and a pinch of salt or pepper
- You must mash the items to form a puree-type topping mixture
- Add the filling to 20 blinis accordingly
- Finally, put feta cheese and radish pieces on every blini
Chilli Prawn Topping
- Mix chilli sauce and ginger in a bowl
- Add prawns to the bowl with a pinch of salt
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on 20 blinis
- Add the prawn mixture to the blini and cheese base
- Top the starter with some chives
- Add the olives and cherry tomatoes to a small bowl
- Pour the lemon zest into the bowl and mix the vegetables
- You may also add some salt and pepper for taste
- Add the vegan topping to the remaining blinis
- Avoid making the blinis too thick by taking too much batter in one teaspoon
- You should cut the blini horizontally from the middle if it’s too thick to make it thinner and increase the number of pancakes
The nutritional value of each blini without any toppings is stated below:
- Total Calories – 15
- Total Fat – 0.6 grams
- Cholesterol– 8 milligrams
- Total Carbohydrates – 1.9 grams
- Total Sugars – 0.1 grams
- Protein – 0.6 grams
- Sodium – 21 milligrams
Frequently Answered Questions
How To Keep Blinis Warm?
Some people worry about the blinis getting cold while making the toppings. To avoid the issue, you can make all the toppings first and then cook the blinis. You can also keep the pancakes warm by putting them in aluminum foil and keeping them in the oven until the party.
How Are Blinis Served?
You can serve blinis cold or hot, depending on your personal preference. Plain blinis are mainly served with melted butter, fruits, or berries. You can also add fillings to the blini to offer more taste.